1.28.2009

Peanut Ginger Soba Noodles


Ok, I seem to be using peanut butter a lot lately for some reason. Keeping up with the trend, I made these peanut soba noodles last night. It was pretty quick to make (maybe 15 minutes?). I followed a recipe from The Post Punk Kitchen  and didn't really need to change much. The original recipe called for steamed broccoli but my husband doesn't like broccoli so I used zucchini instead. He did offer to pick out the broccoli but that just seemed silly. This is how I did it:

Ingredients
1 package of soba noodles
1/3 cups soy sauce 
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 small clove of garlic minced or pressed
1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
1 medium zucchini sliced up 
sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish

Directions
Cook the soba noodles according the package. Saute the zucchini in some olive oil until tender (I did it until a few of them started to brown). Meanwhile, combine the sesame oil, peanut butter, water, garlic, and ginger. After it is thoroughly combined mix in the pepper. Once the noodles are finished and drained mix them in with the sauce. Finally, toss the cooked zucchini in. I sprinkled the sesame seeds and sliced green onions on top of each individual plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment